Monday, May 18, 2009

THE PREEMINENCE OF LOVE

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:13 (NIV)

I have a challenge for you. Grab a notebook or journal and your favorite Bible. Take a few minutes to read 1 Corinthians 13:1-13. Love is patient, love is kind... but love is also the mark of the mature Christian (see 13:11-12). As you read these passages, prayerfully ponder this question: what does a Christ-centered life look like? How would my life look like if it were more Christ-centered? Where would my focus be? What would be important? Write down your reflections.

Tomorrow, do it again.

And the next day.

And the next.

For one week.

Drop me a line (or comment) and let me know what you learn. I'd love to hear!

No comments: