Friday, March 26, 2010

I Didn't See This Coming... And It's OK

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them." - Isaiah 42:16 (NIV)

My name is Chris and I am a control freak.

Yes, I admit it. I am a controlaholic. I like life to be nice, neat and orderly. I like to know what's going on and going to happen. I make plans with certain expectations and goals, and expect those goals to be met.

Here's the problem: life doesn't work that way. Life is messy. Things happen outside of my precious plans that wreck my designs for how things should go. It's frsutrating.

Very frustrating.

Regardless of how thoroughly I prepare, circumstances beyond my control often come along and wreck things.

And that's OK.

The simple truth is that God is in control, not me. He is sovereign over all, no matter how thoroughly I plan or think I have it all figured out. When blind-sided by events (big and small) that derail my plans, I need to remember that my life is God's. He is sovereign over all. And He will see me through to His desired will and plans, not mine.

I don't need to understand. I just need to trust.

I just need to trust.

1 comment:

Deb said...

So, so true in our adoption journeys. Believing that God has a plan has helped me with the wait. The process hasn't happened within either of our timelines but Austin coming into your lives and Sophie into mine hopefullly soon happened, or is about to happen, exactly when He meant it to.